Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot download preinstalled drivers for Sony Vaio VGN-AR51J

kogigr
New

Cannot download preinstalled drivers for Sony Vaio VGN-AR51J

Hi,

I would like to download my laptop's preinstalled drivers, but the support site won't let me do it. When I click on the link that's supposed to download the file, it just reloads the page while no download starts. Is there something wrong with Sony's site or are the drivers not available for download anymore?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi kogigr,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

How odd, yes there does appear to be a problem with the links on the Vaio AR51J & some other models pages..

I'll pass your findings on to one of our contacts in a hope that he can get this resolved quickly for you, if I receive any feedback I'll update this thread..

:smileyworried::smileyworried:Hi there i am having the same issue i need to download drivers for my sony vaio VPCEB4J0E laptop as i re installed windows 7 and now none of my drivers are working for the wifi and touchpaad Thanks Del

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Del,
Welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..
I'll see if I can get an answer for your VAIO model as well but I suspect most, if not all, models are affected..
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@kogigr a temporary fix has been applied so you should be able to download the Pre-installed drivers now..:smileythumbsup:

AR51J Original Drivers Package

If you still have a problem please let us know..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@derekstanners a temporary fix has been applied so you should be able to download the drivers for your Vaio model now..:smileythumbsup:

VPCEB4J0E Drivers

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi kogigr & derekstanners,

it looks like a more permanent fix has now been applied to the Vaio support site's download links but if you do notice any problems please let us know & we can forward it onto Sony again..