Join now - be part of our community!

Cursor jumps randomly

profile.country.en_GB.title
joscott0
Visitor

Cursor jumps randomly

I have seen this raised as an issue before but the answr didnt fit.

when i type .. the cursor often jumps back a line or even para so i end uo typing over and losing text. as a flegling novelist ..this is dreadful.

plus, if i am typing an email ... it will suddenly act as if i have abandoned typing and drop the incomplete response into Draft - where i have to fish it out and continue typing.

A prior answer suggested going into Start / All Programs /Vaio Control Centre ... i dont have such a thing so suggestions before i hurl this laptop at the wall!

jo

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jo and welcome.

Which Vaio model do you have?

You may find that you can make adjustments in Control Panel -> Mouse but in many cases, this can be a hardware fault caused by flexing of the palmrest.

:thinking:

joscott0
Visitor

Ive got a VGN-FW48E ... what adjustments could I make Control Panel > Mouse ? What/where is the 'palmrest' ?

and if it is flexing what can be done about...this driving me potty!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You may have an option to turn off, or hide the cursor when typing.

The palmrest is the area of the Vaio around the Touchpad.  It is possible that false 'left clicks' are registered simply by putting weight on the palmrest or even the keyboard.  If this is the case, you may need to have the Touchpad replaced or at least checked to see if false contacts are being made.

:thinking:

joscott0
Visitor

i think you ve got it .... ive always thought it must be something underneath that left hand corner but that seemed daft

so any reputabke computer repair unit could do this?

how would i turn off the cursor?