Join now - be part of our community!

FZ21Z & Windows 7 64 bit: Nvidia issues!

Julien74
Visitor

FZ21Z & Windows 7 64 bit: Nvidia issues!

Hi guys!

I've recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit (legal OEM) on my VAIO FZ21Z. Whoop!
Originally I had Vista 32 bit. Everything work smoothly and I've found all the drivers needed for SD card reader, webcam, microphone... Nevertheless I have a problem with the graphic card which is a M8600GS on these models. I've found the non official driver "Vista 64 bit" http://www.vaio-link.com/os/vista/64bit/ to make the card works! So far so good, I can even connect as a second screen my full HD TV through HDMI. My problem is : now the HD feature of the nvidia is LOST! The card works, I can start HD videos but without the HD stunning and sharp quality I used to have with Vista 32 bit and I CAN'T install the proper nvidia driver 64 bit from nvidia's website 😞

1 Does anyone have a solution or have the same problem?
2 Should I have installed W7 32 bit? (oops) :smileygrin:
3 Will we see proper W7 drivers for FZ21Z (and others) from Sony one day? This VAIO is 2 years old and really NOT outdated. So far nothing from them... nice! :thinking:

Thanks in advance for your help!

Julien

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.el_GR.title
Fender67
Explorer

If you HW ID is PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0425&SUBSYS_9005104D

the modded .inf for Nvidia Notebook 331.82 WHQL and Windows 7 64-bit  is already prepared.  (I had some time today, guess you're lucky).

Link here: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/70187/en-us  for download.

I do not know if I can upload here the modified file, so PM me your email address and I will send you the file in a zipped folder, from which, you will need to extract, by using the native Windows Extractor, the file. (click on the file, then right-click, then select "Extract all").

I will also send you instructions on how to proceed.

For the moment stay with the Standard VGA adapter, and you must have, if you want the Fn keys to work, 64 bit versions for Windows 7 of Vaio Event Service, Setting Utility Series & Sony Shared library for your model or compatible.

No need to revert to Vista and install an old Nvidia driver, also if you want dual boot, I've made the appropriate changes so the driver is compatible with Vista x64, W7 x64, W8 x64 & W8.1 x64 .

The Sony links, posted earlier, should work on your system too...

Regards,

davey_lamp
Explorer

Fender67

Please see my PM for resolving this issue.