Join now - be part of our community!

Help with touchpad

profile.country.en_GB.title
g3az66
New

Help with touchpad

Hi all,

I am now the proud owner of a VAIO SVE1713C5E however I think I have a problem with the touchpad. It is like no other laptop touchpad I have ever come across. It feels like it is double skinned i.e. when I press it I hear an audible click then a stronger click that creates the action. The touchpad can also be a little erratic, not very precise. Is this normal?

Gary

6 REPLIES 6
Fantasyraider
Explorer

Same here, only mine sounds worse than yours.

I can't use mine at all, it double clicks on things when i'm ony scrolling.

Then it won't scroll .... it is useless and my laptop is 20 hours old!

Brilliant aye?

Fantasyraider
Explorer

I forgot to mention I had to send one back to Curries with the same problem, but I thought it was down to the laptop being refurbished.

So i ordered direct from sony, paid another £140 more than the refurbished one and have the exact same problem.

Can anyone help please?

I'm back on my old HP again because I can't use the Sony.

ianw-t
New

I have just bought a new E series Sony laptop with the touchpad - the laptop came with Windows 8 - after one month with this I wish i had never bought a new laptop. The touchpad is really sensitive so the mouse and screens jump all over the place - and i cannot find anyway to adjust this - i bought this for serious work matters and have to deal with 140 + e mails a day plus many spreadsheets etc and it is a nightmare - meaning i am having to work until midnight to keep up. I have searched on Google but nothing that seems to help for Windows 8 can i find. Anybody got any suggestions - can i remove this nasty Windows 8 ( which has also stopped me printing via shared printers as well) and say put Windows 7 on it. I have an IT guy but he cannot resolve and just moans about Windows 8 so not sure if he understands this.

brrobin19
Explorer

Hi,

The solution is to convert to a Wireless Mouse, the type with the micro usb repeater, I used it immediately

when I bought my SVE1713. You don't need to change any thing on your computer, it automatically changes

over to the wireless mouse. You will see a cross against your computer touchpad on the right hand side  next

to you battery status.

Should you ever want to go back to your computer's touchpad, just unplug the  USB mini transmitter an the

computer will automatically go back to your trackpad.

So easy

Brian

Hi there,

I have just spent the last three hours trying to arrange for my sony vaio fit 14a to be returned to sony for repair due to a faulty touchpad.

The helpful man at knowhow support assessed the problem. I bought the laptop in january and have had a nightmare with it ever since. I am a freelance marketing and communications consultant and have lost hours due to this problem.

The laptop has a mind of its own. Folders, aps and websites open randomly. The screen zooms in and I have to close the application down and open again to resolve the problme.  This is particularly frustrating when working in emails. The screen jumps around all the time. Knowhow have reinstalled the mouse and the touchpad to no avail. 

I was given a number to call Sony - it was an automated number asking you to input your serial number - sony rejected the serial number - so now I am having to take the product back to the store. It's the only serial number on the product - and in case anyone else is looking for a hidden serial number check behind the screen - if it's a movable one!

I thought Sony was a reliable brand - my previous laptop was Sony Vaio and it was fine but I'm not convinced they are set up to deal with windows 8.

While I have been writing this post the screen has closed on me five times - that's five times too many and as a consequence, it has taken twice as long to write a simple message!  This is happening all day long! The touch pad is turned off - and even that managed to turn itself on again.

Very frustrating!!!

Catherine

IuliaG
Explorer

I have exacly the same problem. I bought the Vaio Fit 14A and after 2 days I was back to the shop to return it. it has his own personality.They gave me another one that have the same problem but not so frequently. I think i will go with this one back too even if I like the laptop so much.