Join now - be part of our community!

Microsoft Windows 7 Program (preloaded)

profile.country.en_GB.title
natuparmar
Visitor

Microsoft Windows 7 Program (preloaded)

I purchased a Sony VA10 (PCG-2J1M) All-in-One computer in August 2009 which had a preloaded basic Microsoft Windows 7 software. In October 2011 I tried to upgrade this with Microsoft Student Portal but somehow the system just would not allow me to download it. I was prompted to delete the original preloaded Windows 7 program which I did and I was left with no Windows program.

Is there any way of restoring the original program ?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi  natuparmar,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

By Microsoft Windows 7 program I guess you mean the Windows 7 operating system..

If so then as long as the recovery partition is still intact, you should be able to re-install the original pre-installed OS by doing a system recovery..

A system recovery will remove anything on your HDD & re-install the original OS & pre-installed applications.?

To recover from the recovery area

On models with the ASSIST button

1 Press the ASSIST button while your computer is off to launch VAIO Care Rescue.

If the display language selection window appears, select your desired language and click OK.

2 Click Start recovery wizard.

To perform the custom recovery, select Tools and click Start advanced recovery wizard.

3 Follow the on-screen instructions.

On models without the ASSIST button

1 Turn on your computer and press the F10 key several times before the VAIO logo screen disappears.

If the Edit Boot Options window is displayed, press the Enter key.

If the display language selection window appears, select your desired language and click OK.

2 Select Start recovery wizard.

To perform the custom recovery, select Tools and click Start advanced recovery wizard.

3 Follow the on-screen instructions.