Join now - be part of our community!

SVT1311M1ES Windows 8.1 Unable to use Bluetooth.

profile.country.GB.title
xtreemneo
Explorer

SVT1311M1ES Windows 8.1 Unable to use Bluetooth.

This laptops Bluetooth connectivity was working fine when factory installed Windows 7 was installed there.

Fast forward, Windows 8.1 clean installed now.

Most HW drivers were installed by Windows automatically except track pad, keyboard hot keys, Vaio assist and web special keys.

1) Charms Bar, Settings, Change PC Settings, PC and Devices and Bluetooth... The Bluetooth option under PC and Devices is simply not there.

2) This is the Hardware ID of the Wireless Adapter present in the laptop

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0032&SUBSYS_E044105B&REV_01

3) WiFi is working fine and it says Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Adapter.

We were using bluetooth everyday and its gone just like that now. 

I would appreciate if anyone familiar with the issue here is willing to help us. 

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi xtreemneo,

This model was eligible for the windows 8.0 Update program – did you take this option and follow the Sony upgrade guidance?

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cbt-tut/shared/update-to-windows-8_1/SVT1311M1E

There is a Windows 8.1 Bluetooth Driver available on the support site but I am unsure as to whether this will work unless you followed the Sony upgrade procedure.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/EP0000310002_8967/SVT1311M1E

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
xtreemneo
Explorer

Hello Rich,

Thanks for replying. I think we have messed the laptop upgrade by having done a clean install of Windows 8.1 purchased directly from Microsoft India Store.

We managed to install Synaptics drivers directly from their website and the trackpad has started working now.

All the hot keys on the laptop including Brightness function, Bluetooth are not working now.

We tried installing the 8.1 drivers corresponding to this laptop from Sony website.

Even WiFi started working after installing the drivers from the Somy website but unfortunately the Bluetooth is not working. (It's from Sony website too)

Sorry about the rambling. The point is, we can't seem to get it working from the available drivers on the Sony website.

Do you think if we go back installing Windows 7 from the Sony recovery software and follow the upgrade procedure you have mentioned before upgrading to 8.1, it will work?

Or since we have purchased 8.1 directly from Microsoft, would their technical support team be of any assistance?

The warranty with Sony has expired and quite frankly, the laptop is being used in a different country now. (purchased in UK and being used in India)

Sony recovery software disc (which we don't have due to clean install) and the out of warranty support are quite expensive in India.

If it's not much trouble, I would like your suggestion please.

Thanks,
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi xtreemneo,

You are probably now aware that Sony EU does not support a clean install of either Win 8 or 8.1. Did you obtain a Windows 8 Upgrade Kit from Sony?

In theory if you go back to factory settings and then follow the upgrade procedure (installing VAIO Windows 8 upgrade kit before installing the Windows 8 operating system) followed by the upgrade to Win 8.1 then the Bluetooth and everything else should work. Many of the Win 8.1 upgrade drivers require the Windows 8 drivers to be installed.

I doubt that Microsoft will provide any support and will only refer you back to Sony.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat