Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio bios update/system download

sunking101
Visitor

Vaio bios update/system download

I noticed on the Vaio download site that there is a Bios update available for my pc. What is likely to change should I download this? My pc was made in Sept 2006 and the new Bios update is Feb 2007. I've noticed a lot of posts about noisy or constantly running fans, mine is ok in this respect and I don't want an 'update' to cause this problem! Is there any way I can find out which issues a new Bios update addresses? Should I download it or not?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Generally the advice goes "If it 'aint broke don't fix it"

If you go to the download site (not the automatic Vaio Update site) and click on the BIOS Update it should tell you on the next screen what is being fixed. If it someting you do not use or do not have a problem with leave well alone!

:wink:

EDIT: What model do you have?

Just had a look - click on the Installation Instructions and it should tell you.

:thinking:

sunking101
Visitor

Where's that other site? I can only seem to find the Vaio download one. The update in question is version 3.0.00.13220 and my pc is a BX396XP

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi sunking101

The update you mention does not appear to be a BIOS update but is instead an update for the Vaio update utility .. :thinking:

VAIO Update Version 3.0.00.13220

1. Exit all running applications
2. Download the update and save it to a download directory
3. Go to the download directory and double-click SOAVUD-01451800-UN.exe
4. Wait while the wizard updates your software

sunking101
Visitor

Ah, presumed incorrectly that was a bios update. :smileyblush:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

No problem.. :slight_smile:

profile.country.NL.title
towilds
Explorer

Hi sunking101

1. Exit all running applications
2. Download the update and save it to a download directory
3. Go to the download directory and double-click SOAVUD-01451800-UN.exe
4. Wait while the wizard updates your software

Same problem here; when I double click on the .exe update file the 'starting installshield' message appears and nothing happens.

My model is a VGN-AR21M with XP Media.

profile.country.NL.title
towilds
Explorer

Nobody?