Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio FS115Z Recovery help needed

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bradnick
Visitor

Vaio FS115Z Recovery help needed

Hi all, I hope someone can help me, I need a copy of the recovery dvds for my vaio i have the xp COA serial number so i am all legal, My son decided to upgrade to windows 7 without my permission he has completly wiped the harddrive including the recovery partition, F10 does not work all i have is a message saying insert system disc which i dont have, Please someone help all i want is my sony back to the way it was, Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I think you will find that you will need to get a replacement set of recovery discs from Sony Support.

Go here and enter your serial number and get the phone number for Out of Warranty Support.

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/contacts/phone.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-FS115Z

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I think you will find that you will need to get a replacement set of recovery discs from Sony Support.

Go here and enter your serial number and get the phone number for Out of Warranty Support.

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/contacts/phone.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-FS115Z

bradnick
Visitor

So i have to buy them from sony even though i,ve already paid for it when i purchased the laptop, This seems very unfair, I will request sony to supply me with the operating disc as i have already bought it and by rights they have kept the disc and not supplied me with it

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

By all means give that a try but you would have been strongly advised to make a set of Recovery Discs both by the Vaio's system during and after setup and in the Recovery documentation included with your Vaio when you first bought it.

The first task advised is to copy the Recovery Partition to 3 DVDs to cover the event of a hard disc failure.

Because of this Sony will expect you to cover the costs of producing another set of discs.

:smileymischief:

bradnick
Visitor

Hi my wife has a vaio  VGN - FS660 if i create backup discs from her laptop will this work on my model as hers also runs xp home, Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

As far as I can see (FS660 is a Sony USA model), the specs are similar - CPU & Graphics are the same, just a different hard drive.

However, I believe the recovery discs are model specific and check this in the BIOS, so I don't think it would work.  I think you would require a 100% model match.