Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Multi Flip - Touch Screen Freezing - Win 8.1

sgdavies

VAIO Multi Flip - Touch Screen Freezing - Win 8.1

VAIO Multiflip 14 - SVF14N1C5E - Touch Screen Freezing - Win 8.1

Has anybody else experienced problems with the touchscreen freezing on the 14 inch model? I upgraded to Windows 8.1 as soon as I got it (God Knows why Sony decided to ship it with Windows 8.0)

Contacted Sony ("cough" support) but they are as helpful as a chocolate teapot regarding this.

51 REPLIES 51
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sgdavies,

Feedback I’m getting is that you should try the calibration tool – as long as you follow the detail instructions to the letter nothing should go wrong and you never know it could be the answer to the problem. Because it hasn’t worked for others doesn’t mean it won’t work for you.

If this fails then it will unfortunately probably mean starting from scratch – i.e, reinstall W 8 and then upgrade to 8.1. I doubt you want to hear this but it will probably be the only way to convince Sony that the problem is of their making

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
sgdavies

Hi Rich, thanks for the info, i will probably for now, bide my time and wait if sony or Microsoft release any patches or drivers, i do not feel those options suit me, partly because i do not feel they will work, and partly because my wife would be upset if they laptop got in even a worse condition than it is already. Cheers!
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sgdavies,

OK,your choice but if you need further help please come back…

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
sgdavies

Cheers Rich!
sgdavies

Hi Rich, The calibraion tool has a broken url on it. so canot download it to try this test.

Oh no!

We can't find the page you are looking for. Please re-check the URL, use the search box, or return to the home page.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sgdavies,

I will try to find out what the problem is.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sgdavies,

The broken URL is linked to the launch of the new site. They are now aware of the problem and someone is working on it – hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
sgdavies

Cheers Rich, but that broken URL was really a "Schhol boy Error", sorry for the pun as it gives school boys a bad name. But somebody needs to get this support team and give them a good "Bleep" Shake up! :anguished:

sgdavies

Got this info from 2nd line support today, apparently this is the direct link to that utility. i shall try this later.

www.sony.co.uk/support/kb/attachments/Panel calibration tool.exe 

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Well at least that line of communication is working, as is the link.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat