Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO SVT1311M1ES - Lid cracked at the hinge

profile.country.bg_BG.title
slavikopankov
Explorer

VAIO SVT1311M1ES - Lid cracked at the hinge

Hello,
I have VAIO SVT1311M1ES.
10 months after purchase, a gap appear between the screen and the bracket at the left bottom corner of the lid.
I suppose, there might be something wrong with the conection of the hinge inside the lid. The lid is probably cracked at the connection with the hinge.

Please, inform if that might be a warranty claim issue.

I am a Sony fan from Bulgaria/Europe, but unfortunately from Sony Bulgaria explained that they have to send my VAIO to Prague in order to check the case. There are no service point in Sofia for warranty issues.

In case this issue would not be accepted as a warranty claim I will have to pay for the transportation to/from Prague.

Please, kindly give me more information.

Thank you in advance for any advise,

Kind regards.

Stanislav Kopankov

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Stanislav and welcome to the Sony Users Community forum.

Unfortunately, it is difficult for anyone here to say without seeing the Vaio.

The Sony Warranty covers parts defective at the time of purchase - any wear and tear or accidental damage will not be covered. My own view is that it may be difficult to show Sony it is a manufacturing defect.

Sony will treat each case on its individual merits.  You could ask if they can look at a photograph but it may not be possible to find the exact cause from a picture.

:thinking:

slavikopankov
Explorer

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Any way, I will try to make a photo and will speak again with Sony Bulgaria.

But in any case, it is very annoying that they have neither one authorised warranty service point for the whole bulgarian therritory. It makes me to regret that I bought SONY. :slight_frown:

Kind regards.

Stanislav

slavikopankov
Explorer

Anybody else with the same problem?