Join now - be part of our community!

VAIOs are ...

davem20
Visitor

VAIOs are ...

I heard from some people that VAIOs are good and some bad. I obviously listened to the wrong people when i decided to waste a grand on one. Struggles to process tiny things that my old pc could do easily. Am i the only person who thinks this or is there something wrong with my laptop?

39 REPLIES 39
davem20
Visitor

If I could afford more than a grand then I would have bought a better 1. This is slower than an incomparable desktop. How do you explain that?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

How long have you had the notebook? Have you done a full restore?

TygerTyger
Visitor

Hm you seem to have a few issues. I would recommend a full virus check, plus a spyware scan with both Spybot and Adaware, a defragment, a good clear up of old programs, a registry clean and then see how it works after that. Be sure to do a system restore before you do the registry clean.

nick_pan
Visitor

Hm you seem to have a few issues. I would recommend a full virus check, plus a spyware scan with both Spybot and Adaware, a defragment, a good clear up of old programs, a registry clean and then see how it works after that. Be sure to do a system restore before you do the registry clean.

yeh just made a thread about it..its a problem that people fail to recognise and its seriously messing up computers

Siddeh
Visitor

Its a PCGK215B 2.4ghz, 512mb ram 64mb graphics. but I was told when I bought it that it was good for games as well

on a note.. firstly its not a 64mb card.. its an integrated card.. it shares ya main memory.. up to 128mb... it doesnt have its own Vram like the 9200's... and who ever told u it was good for games, was not quite right.. itll play games but not greatly.. i got the k215s which has the 9200 64mb Vram and its not that hot on games..

but try the ad ware and virus checking cos it does sound like u have some issues with it 😞 good luck with it m8

Ben

kee-lo_

Always consult with a few people and make up your own mind from their analysis

davem20
Visitor

I've had it less than 2 monhts. I had to do a full restore on it 2 days after buying because of some problem eith the internet. I don't really fancy doing that again.

davem20
Visitor

This is my first laptop and I know more about desktops. I'm just tellin you waht I was told in the shop and what the sticker on it says.

TygerTyger
Visitor

I'm sorry, looks like you got caught out by a shop assistant who doesn't know anything. It will play games fine, but it's not good for games.

kee-lo_

Yeah damn those shop people!