Join now - be part of our community!

Blurtooth problems with twin SIM Phone and Ford/Sony DAB unit

Graham071
New

Blurtooth problems with twin SIM Phone and Ford/Sony DAB unit

Hi, sorry I can't give you the model of the Sony unit fitted to my 2012 Ford Galaxy Titanium, but the description is: Sony DAB audio system featuring PTY and Digital Sound Processing, the Sony DAB CD stereo radio/CD/MP3 player has 40 programmable stations and a USB connectivity port as well as Bluetooth and Voice Control System.

My problem is the Bluetooth connectivity and Ford are unable to help and have suggested contacting yourselves.

I have a dual SIM phone and this is currently paired with the car unit, but will only allow Bluetooth operation of SIM1 and will not pair with SIM2. When a call is recieved on SIM2, the car blocks the receiver talking to the caller, and oposite if a SIM2 call is made. We (Ford staff and myself) have unsuccessfully tried to pair the second SIM whilst still having the pair to the 1st SIM and additionally have been told (by Ford maintenace staff) that the unit will only operate with the first SIM it sees, even if two phones (SIMS) are successfully paired.

My previous Ford, a 1997 Mondeo which had a Ford 6000 CD unit (which I was lead to believe was also a Sony unit) - this managed both SIMs successfully.

Hope you can help...

0 REPLIES 0