Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ-W273 not showing as device in iTunes on mac

profile.country.en_GB.title
stickypl
Visitor

NWZ-W273 not showing as device in iTunes on mac

Hi

I have a newly purchased NWZ-W273 which I have successfully connected to my mac - the 'Walkman' is accessible in Finder. I know I can add music via Finder, however, much easier for me would be to drag and drop in iTunes (playlists etc.).

Unfortunately, my Walkman does not appear as a Device in iTunes - iTunes version 11.0.2 (26), OS X 10.8.2. I was wondering if anyone has managed to get this working?

thank you

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.nl_NL.title
etskebijl
Visitor

Hi

I have the same problem, why is the device not visible in itunes?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi stickypl,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

stickypl wrote:

I have a newly purchased NWZ-W273 which I have successfully connected to my mac - the 'Walkman' is accessible in Finder. I know I can add music via Finder, however, much easier for me would be to drag and drop in iTunes (playlists etc.).

I'm not a mac user but your NWZ-W273 should show up as a connected drive which should allow you to add tracks to the walkman

stickypl wrote:

Unfortunately, my Walkman does not appear as a Device in iTunes - iTunes version 11.0.2 (26), OS X 10.8.2. I was wondering if anyone has managed to get this working?

As I said I'm not an mac user but as far as I am aware the walkman does not show up within iTunes on a mac in the same way it does on a PC..:smileysad:

profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

Sony Walkman won't show up on itunes. But with Mac OSX, the Walkman player will be recognized as a removable  drive

You can directly drag and drop (compatible) files from itunes to the Music folder of the Walkman player. I don't know about playlist but since you have it all you can give it a try 😃

profile.country.en_GB.title
am41077
Visitor

I am having the same problem too! Tried called Sony service center, but they couldn't help, such an awesome service!

dgys03064
New

I also have this walkman but the problem I am having is when transfering albums it mixes them all up. Has anyone else had this problem? I downloaded the software but its not recognising the walkman when plugged in.

Tags (1)