Join now - be part of our community!

Sonicstage crashing

profile.country.en_GB.title
alan_watson
Visitor

Sonicstage crashing

Hi,

I have been using Sonicstage for many years with no problems until this morning, when suddleny it crashedas soon as I opened it. To be more specific, it gets as far as loading the UI components and then the screen freezes. Task manager tells me that Sonicstage is running until I try to switch to it or close it, when it says that it has stopped resonding. Other monitoring software that I have tells me that omgjbox.exe crashed as soon as the UI components loaded. When this happens my anti-virus software (McAfee) starts getting very active - suggesting that it thinks something suspicious has been going on.

I have tried everying I can think of including:

• doing a system restore to a date when I know it was working
  • restoring all the relevant files from a backup
  • reinstalling the software from the disk
  • downloading the software from Sony's website (it tells me I already have the latest version)
  • and deleting a registry key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\SonicStage\EMD\HomeURL) as suggested by a forum on sonyinsider.com

None of this makes any difference.

The only thing I can think of that might have caused the problem is that my pc crashed with the notorious windows blue screen when I woke it up from sleep mode the other day. I think Sonicstage might have been open at the time and that something might have been corrupted.

I would be immensely grateful for any useful ideas on how to proceed.

I am using Sonicstage 4.3.01 on windows7 professional 32bit.

Alan

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Edited for personal details

AlanW
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
minnes
Explorer

Hi,

I had this problem with sonicstage as it would not work at all on my windows 7, home premium 32 bit computer. I t kept needing to be authorised or to get validation from a server, so I gave up even with the 4.3 update. So I did not give sony alot of points for not having a sonic stage update for windows 7. Anyway I tried it again this time on my 64 bit computer, the same windows 7 home premium downloaded the 4.3 sonic stage and it worked, why I do not know but it works and I can now load cd.s etc. and use the Nw-e407 walkman again. Good luck

Matt

nikkilim
Visitor

Haven't seen anyone also to have this working for 32bit systems. Maybe its one of the system requirements? https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

minnes
Explorer

Thanks for that, I will try it on a 64 bit computer and see if I have any luck.

Matt