Join now - be part of our community!

SonicStage question

prcarr
New

SonicStage question

A while back I wanted to import some music from a hard drive into SonicStage and then onwards into my NW-HD5. The files on the HD were .flac, so I converted them to mp3 and used the Import Folder function on the Import bit of SonicStage.

I then transferred them to my NW-HD5, at the same time converting them to Atrac. That all worked fine. I then deleted the mp3 files from my computer because I didn't need them for anything else. Now I find that SonicStage can no longer 'locate' the files and so the music can't be played on the computer or transferred to another one of my NW-HD5s.

I naively thought that 'Import Folder' meant that the files were actually imported into SonicStage, but it looks like this wasn't the case.

I went to a lot of trouble renaming the files because the song titles, as they stood, wouldn't have been easily searchable on the Walkman.

So what can I do to retrieve the situation? Do I need to keep all the mp3 files in a folder somewhere on my computer? If I reconvert all the .flac to mp3 and stick it a folder will SonicStage find it? Do I have to rename everything again - I renamed it before importing the files to SonicStage. What happens when I back-up my SonicStage - will the files partake in the back-up or will I need to back them up separately and paste them to any new computer that I want to transfer my SonicStage to?

This whole mess could have been avoided if 'Import' meant import, but I guess it doesn't.

Any advice or explanation gratefully received.

0 REPLIES 0