Join now - be part of our community!

Sony MDR-XB40EX availability

Dearozero
New

Sony MDR-XB40EX availability

Hi, new here to this discussion forum.

I was a proud owner of the Sony MDR-XB40EX earphones in the Extra Bass family, unfortunately these have broken on me, and I'm not hesitating on going online and buying another pair because these earphones have been the best pair I have ever owned.

So I went online and had another look, and I have found out that these earphones have now been discontinued or are a previous model (which still means they won't be sold as much), which I am extremely disappointed about as I would happily buy another pair.

Additionally, I decided to look further on in the Extra Bass earphones family, and have purchased the apparent newer model, the Sony MDR-XB30EX which still offers the same size driver unit and frequency response. I ordered these off of Amazon a few days ago with their Prime service and they were delivered the next day (very good service).

So I gave these a try, and I am instantly disappointed. The earphones do not have enough treble as I like, I have played around the equaliser on the iPhone and none of them have satisfied me. Don't get me wrong, the bass is nice, but not as nice as the MDR-XB40EX's. I have tried all earbud sizes, none satisfied me either and I sometimes notice that the sound is unbalanced (I can hear the bass louder in my left ear than my right).

Anyway, the main question I wanted to ask is if there was any chance of purchasing the MDR-XB40EX's again. I have had a look on Amazon, Play.com, even Google Shopping and I saw nothing.

I have no clue why Sony would have discontinued this model, maybe they didn't sell well or something else. But I know that I want those again. Otherwise, I would like recommendations on products with similar quality.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi there dearozero,

Welcome to the Community.

Regarding your wish to purchase some previous model MDR-XB40EX earphones, you could try calling the Sales number for some advice on 0207 365 2413. (Mon-Fri 9am-7pm, Sat 9am-6pm)

You could also try contacting Sony Support for some assistance with your new MDR-XB30EX earphones.

I hope that helps.

Pascale_F