Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.en_GB.title
Sadisticsoldier
Visitor

Stuck in start up repair cycle.

Okay. Soo. I have a sony vaio laptop model PCG-1111w / VPCS135FG. It runs on windows7. This problem happened two days ago and i don't know what to anymore. You see, whenever i turn on the laptop, it proceeds to this black options screen where the options "start windows normally" and "launch startup repair" are seen.

Whenever i choose to start windiws normally, it boots up then when it gets to the windows logo, it'll suddenly turn to a blue screen that'll disappear in seconds. After that, it'll go back to the options screen. As for the launch start repair (which was recommended by the laptop), it'll scan for a few minutes before a popup window saying "couldn't repair laptop automatically" (or something like that) appears. I tried the startup repair a few times but it always says the same thing - that it cannot repair thr laptop.

I tried doing the f8 safemode thing but it ends up back to thr black options screen. I tried the system restore but it says that i have no restore points. I can't find the recovery disk thing others are saying nor the windows cd.

I don't know what to do. I need all the files in the laptop so i can't do the reformat thing (that'll be my last resort if nothing works).

Please help.

P.S. My vaio has the assist button. Would that help me in anyway? Pleaseplease answer.

I don't know If someone asked this in this forum already as i'm new. Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: Sadisticsoldier

Who Me Too'd this topic