Wi fi turning off when in sleep mode

Settings for wi fi never to turn off, but it does when going to sleep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
smaxnelson
Visitor

Working fine now.

I've swapped everything...laptop, ipod, ipad and the S1 over to 801.11n from g and tablet hooks up from sleep mode in less than a second - more than acceptable.  I think from what I've read it's an Android bug and nothing to do with Sony.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi, welcome to the forum

When this happens, does it matter how long the Tablet is in sleep mode for or does it happen at random? Do you have to go back through the menus and switch it back on for it to work or does it just "forget" your router?

Quite an odd one. Worth a reset on the device making sure anything you have is backed up.

ebddon
Visitor

No it will turn off as soon as it goes off - going back through the menus it will display that the seetings are correct (never to wi fi off). will a reset take it back to factory settings?

smaxnelson
Visitor

Exactly the same here too.  Takes between 10-15 seconds to find the wi-fi network.

smaxnelson
Visitor

Working fine now.

I've swapped everything...laptop, ipod, ipad and the S1 over to 801.11n from g and tablet hooks up from sleep mode in less than a second - more than acceptable.  I think from what I've read it's an Android bug and nothing to do with Sony.