Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with TDG-BR250 3D Glasses

profile.country.en_GB.title
dunkeldjack
Visitor

Problems with TDG-BR250 3D Glasses

I've just bought the KDL46EX732BU 3D TV. I also bought 2 pairs of the TDG-BR250 glasses to work along with it. I'm having trouble getting the glasses to switch on and wondered if anyone can help.

I've charged the glasses via the USB ports on the TV until the orange light goes out. When I disconnect the glasses and try to switch them on nothing happens. According to the instructions the light is supposed to light up green when it's on but I get nothing.

I've switched on to Sky 3D and altered the settings to side-by-side so that the 2 pictures merge and made sure there were no obstructions between the 3D transmitter and the glasses, but still nothing happens.

Is there another step that I've missed along the way? I can't find any reference to it if there is and I've searched every manual and internet forum I can find!

It seems hard to believe that both sets of glasses could be faulty, but I'm struggling to come up with any other possible solution.

Any and all help gratefully received!

Thanks

Tags (3)
23 REPLIES 23
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i would first check these by playing a dedicated 3D blu ray in your player first and not just rely on a sky box, assuming you have a 3D player you will need a high speed 1.4 HDMI cable as well, i dont know about sky so believe you know the settings for that, check the transmitter is fitted securely and check your menu settings under 3D settings are correct.

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello,

Do you have fluorescent switched ON in your room ? fluorescent lamps emit IR waves while 3D transimetter working by IR , distance and enviroments may affected the problem

Bravia55HX

its nothing to do with flourescent lights!

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Yes there is , most  flourescent lights emits infra red waves , depends on its color temprature

Infrared signals

Electronic devices operated by infrared remote control can interpret the infrared light emitted by CFLs as a signal, this limits the use of CFLs near televisions, radios, remote controls, or mobile phones.[80]

the whole link is here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_fluorescent_lamp

Message was edited by: KDL-CX520

Message was edited by: KDL-CX520

Bravia55HX

well lets see, what have i got, 3Dtv yes, reptile vivariums with flourescent tubes yes, problems watching 3D NO !

in any case who the hell uses flourescent lighting in their living rooms?, certainly no one i know of.

so to be fair if you havent got a 3D tv then you cant give a fair comment can you.

KDL-CX520
Visitor

:cool: it is great you have got reptile vivariums with flourescent tubes

Did you read the above link , i am listening for your comment. Can you :wink:

Bravia55HX

well i cannot be arsed to read all that and since i dont have a problem im not bothered to be honest and us bickering over blinking lighting (pardon the pun) is getting a bit off topic.

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Difference of opinion does not invalidate the intimacy

Sorry for going off the topic but sometimes technical problems needs consider all probabilities depends on the usage conditions

Looking forward for feedback from dunkeldjack what other reason he found, because both glasses cannot be faulty

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi dunkeljack,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Sorry about the posts above..:smileyconfused:

You glasses should blink green when you turn them on even if you are in another room from your Bravia TV & will automatically switch off after about five minutes if they haven't picked up a 3D signal from your Bravia..

All I can suggest is that you do the following:-

Make sure your BR250 are switched off, (press & hold the on/off button for 2 seconds) then connect the USB cable into the glasses..

Now Turn on the Bravia TV..

Finally connect the other end of the cable to USB port on your Bravia..

Your glasses power indicator should glow yellow (seems more orange to me though)

Leave your glasses charging with the Bravia switched on for at least 30 minuets. ( the glasses will not charge if your TV is in stanby)

After this time disconnect the USB cable from the Bravia TV & from the glasses.

Now press the power button & the light should glow solid green for a few seconds before blinking about once every second. (As I mentioned above this should happen whether you are near your Bravia or not)

If this does not work then I would suggest getting in contact with your retailer & asking them to check your glasses..

To be honest I never charge my glasses via the TV I usually connect the usb cable into an iPhone/iPad plug & charge from the mains..