Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X continuous reboot loop

SOLVED

Xperia X continuous reboot loop

Phone keeps re-booting (same issue as I had with the Xperia Z) and the only way I can stop the cycle is by removing the SD and Sim. As there is no hard reset / shut down button on this model I can't get the phone to shut down without removing the SD and Sim. The phone is also overheating but I assume this is a byproduct of continuous reboot. PC companion will not recognise the phone in order for me to carry out a repair. The phone was charging when the reboot started for the first time, and I don't believe that any OS update has taken place recently.

Update... I have reinserted only the SIM and found that the phone will reboot correctly - so singling out the SD as culprit but no idea why. This SD is new, not the same as what was in my Xperia Z (previous phone which had the same issue).

TVM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Since my last message I had a look at the SD on my laptop and found a random file which had downloaded around the time that the phone went into the reboot loop. I deleted it, cleaned the card and then put it back into the phone.... the Xperia X successfully started with both the sim and SD inserted. So far so good...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Since my last message I had a look at the SD on my laptop and found a random file which had downloaded around the time that the phone went into the reboot loop. I deleted it, cleaned the card and then put it back into the phone.... the Xperia X successfully started with both the sim and SD inserted. So far so good...