Join now - be part of our community!

Phone Clock resets after Reboot. 7.0

SOLVED
DarkEyE
Visitor

Phone Clock resets after Reboot. 7.0

When i restart my Xperia XZ with 7.0, the Clock resets to March 30 1970 3:30 PM. When its online it corrects Date and Time.
Why Clock and Date resets itself at reboot?
62 REPLIES 62
_putzmeister_
Visitor

The workaround with disabling the Phone Pin at start up also works here.

Now i must enter my phone Pin after the sim Pin and not before the sim Pin like before.

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Different systems of protection
One prevents access to SIM
One prevents access to phone
DarkEyE
Visitor

After the OTA Update to 39.2.A.0.374 the problem is still there. So i wonder if the 7.1.1 Nougat of Xperia X have this problem still too?
Still waiting for Sony to deal with it. 😉

Same here even on safe reboot.

Update 39.2.A.0361

Tags (1)
Don82
Visitor

Cant believe this is a bug darkeye. Most of xz owners like me should have the same issue if that the case. something could be missing in your firmware or erased.and a OTA update is not a complete firmware rom that flash over your current one. If you use repair in companion it will complete relfash the latest rom (you will loose personal data but you can back it up on sd card in back up settings)your problem must be solved.afterwards most can be restored again.hope this help you and others
Don82
Visitor

Forgot to add if you sure did enable time autotime zone is switched on and date 🙂
DarkEyE
Visitor

@Don82 use flightmode and deactivate Wifi. Reboot your phone.
Check your time and date.
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

To everyone experiencing this issue, do you have Password/Pin at boot up enabled? try to disable it and your internet connectivity then restart your devices several times . does the reset still happen?

To everyone NOT having this issue. try to disable your internet connectivity, then enable Password/Pin at boot up,. then restart or power off your devices several times. did the reset happen?

please post your results after you did the steps... Grinning_Face

DarkEyE
Visitor

@nolramlb

to 1.: No time stayed fine. Still a BUG, security lowered😉

to 2.: Yes time resets,  BUG

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

@DarkEyE: I think you got your results mixed up..