Join now - be part of our community!

SAL 20TC and Manual Focus

miklinha
Explorer

SAL 20TC and Manual Focus

I was just about to buy a new SAL 20TC Teleconvertor to use with my Alpha bodies and my Gorgeous SAL70400 G lens when I read that this teleconvertor is only compatible with TWO Lenses.  Why can't it be used on all the G range as an Autofocus?  It's a lot of money to pay to lose Autofocus, especially when the objective is to get close into the action - and hence will be difficult to use manual focus quickly enough.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
mischof67

I agree with your comment. I have bought the converter and I have the lens, plus others. It is very annoying, but I knew of the issue before I bought the converter. I just use the lens in manual focus mode. I wonder if anyone from Sony will respond to your comment and explain why?

profile.country.GB.title
ruddiforthm

Huge disappointment. I have just imported a refurbished SAL20TC from USA into UK paying shipping and import duty. Did this in the belief that Sony lenses would fit but would be manual focus only. I have a none Sony X1.4 TC which fits all my lenses, some not Sony and all fit but are manual focus only.

I wrongly thought the SAL20TC would be the same. Not one of my lenses will mount onto the SAL20TC. The SAL20TC mounts onto my A77ii no problem. 

With shipping cost and import duty returning the converter to USA is a none runner.

Whilst Sony warn it isn't clear that there is no fit but for the three listed lens in the paperwork.

Wanted it for my SAL70300G but what I have got is an expensive paperweight.

So set back and disappointed. Now having to rethink my loyalty to Sony over a lot of years.

Beware buying this product.