Join now - be part of our community!

Tethered shooting on SLT A65/A77

profile.country.en_GB.title
jjppcc1
Visitor

Tethered shooting on SLT A65/A77

Hi,

I can't seem to find any confirmation of this anywhere.  I am seriously thinking about upgrading to a new A65/A77 but the ability to shoot tethered is very important to me.  Before I pre-order could anyone confirm is these models will have this ability?

Many thanks

John-Paul

23 REPLIES 23
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello John-Paul, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The ability for tethered shooting is something that there seems to be a demand for on the A65/A77 and as such, even though this will not be an available feature initially, comments requesting a firmware update for tethered shooting in the future have been passed to the development team in Tokyo.

Firmware updates are largely based upon features that current and prospective users request on forums, webchats, Q&A sessions and so on - therefore this feature may well appear if the demand is great enough.

Thanks,

Simon

gimp69
Visitor

Complain to Sony about it.  I can't believe they left tethered shooting off the A77 when the A700 has it.  It just shows that the A77 wasn't given to studio shooters for testing.

profile.country.en_IE.title
ncollins
Visitor

I was told by my local camea shop that this feature was available on the cd supplied, I was shocked to find no software on the cd. this is a big mistake from Sony

mrarchi
Visitor

Like you, I deplore the lack of tethered shooting on the A77.  I will not buy one unless they add it.  I do own a nex 5n, and would like them to add tethered shooting to that camera as well.

JohnA

profile.country.GB.title
mikeyp2000

Adding my support to this call for tethering.

Sony, please browse the forums at Dyxum.com and dpreview and you will see many many alpha users are disappointed in this ommission.

etienneroesch
Visitor

Please, please, please, please, please, please... Sony, upgrade the firmware to allow tethering.

Also, it'd be just awesome if we could use our computers' hard-drives in place of memory cards, when recording video... That'd just give an extra edge on other cameras! Please, please, please!!

profile.country.GB.title
kenmonk
Explorer

Can I add my voice to this request, please

Tim-S7
Visitor

I bought my new A77 thinking that I had a state of the art piece of electronics. How disappointed was I when I set up to do a shoot only to waste an hour trying to find out how to tether it to my computer. This is a huge oversight on Sony's part. If there is no upgrade in the firmware before the next Canon release then my A77 might be appearing on ebay.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello to you all :slight_smile:

As far as updated firmware is concerned for tethering, all I can say is that development staff at Sony do check these boards on a regular basis and as such they will always be aware of a demand for this feature if users come on to the forums and make similar comments.

I cannot however promise that an update will be released in the future which will incorporate tethered shooting. There is an alternative method which may be of interest to you and that it the development of the EyeFi SD card.

http://uk.eye.fi/

This can transfer images instantly from your SD card to a main PC over a WiFi connection as there is a wireless adapter built into the SD card. I am aware that this is by no means as useful as full tethering i.e. settings will still need to be adjusted on the camera itself.

Thanks,

Simon