Join now - be part of our community!

dcr-trv255e wont work with windows 7

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bighammerfan
Explorer

dcr-trv255e wont work with windows 7

Hi all. I have a handycam DCR-TRV255E and when i tried to run the disc on my new laptop with windows 7 its not compatible. Any ideas please .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The software on your disc is not compatible with Windows 7.

Try downloading and installing Picture Motion Browser Ver 4.3.03 which is supplied by Sony and will work with Windows 7: -

http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/downloads/downloads.aspx?l=en&f=PMB_V4303_PICPAC&site=odw_en_GB

:wink:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The software on your disc is not compatible with Windows 7.

Try downloading and installing Picture Motion Browser Ver 4.3.03 which is supplied by Sony and will work with Windows 7: -

http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/downloads/downloads.aspx?l=en&f=PMB_V4303_PICPAC&site=odw_en_GB

:wink:

bighammerfan
Explorer

Hi. I downloaded that. Now when i plug my camcorder in to laptop its not recognised. I am using and ilink-usb lead. is this ok to use ? why does it not recognise ?

bighammerfan
Explorer

Is it ok to use this lead as my laptop dont have an ilink port

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Try it - but I think you can only connect using an iLink port.  USB is not supported so an iLink to USB cable will not work.

I always keep an old XP Vaio running for legacy hardware.  If you want to use old harware you need to use an old computer!!

:slight_frown:

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Windows Movie Maker over I link conection, using first link in program -chapter from video device. On camera set play-edit function. If You do not have DV in on PC, so there are cheap usb-I link adapters to buy. I link cable

from the site of Sony camera is always 4 pin but on PC You have to see. There are 4-4 and 4-6 pin variation of

cable IEEE 1394. If You do not have Windows Movie Maker on W7, so there is free download on internet. Remove codec packs like K-lite or simular.

:slight_smile:

osamamfz
Visitor

Try to install virtual pc software with win xp on it on the new laptop (containing win 7).

so u can use the windows xp once u need it for ur cam.