Join now - be part of our community!

New Sony FDR-AX53 battery doesn't work

profile.country.GB.title
KratosUK
New

New Sony FDR-AX53 battery doesn't work

Hi,

I bought a Sony FDR-AX53 new from Amazon.co.uk I tried it at home to film with AC power and it all works well, however the supplied battery doesn't charge. So if I have battery in the camera and the ac cable, then even after a couple of hours it won't charge. I did wonder if the battery was completely faulty. After I disconnected AC cable and pressed power button on camera a small red light showed on battery. 

Is there a setting I have to press to activate the battery or is the battery faulty?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

@KratosUK

Hi,

Not at all, I suspect your battery is faulty (assuming that you have it clipped on properly). The supplied battery can take several hours to charge fully and provide at least 2hrs 20mins use'

When the battery is attached to the camera and the charging lead is hooked up (ac power) the orange charging lamp should light up. This will eventually go out once full charge has been reached. Is the orange lamp visible ?

I actually had a suspected 'fake' spare battery from Amazon which would not charge to the correct capacity, see here 

Amazon took it back and offered a full refund. The battery you have has been supplied with the camera so should have come directly from Sony ? I am sure Amazon will exchange the whole camera.

Please keep informed of your progress.

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it