Join now - be part of our community!

4k 3d home cinema

4k 3d home cinema

I'm looking to upgrade my current 3d blu ray home cinema to 4k 3d ,would anyone have any recommendations for a particular model or would it possible to just replace the player & use my current speakers?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

There is no such thing as 4K 3D - for Blurays and TVs - http://4k.com/news/blu-ray-to-supposedly-exclude-3d-from-4k-resolution-in-media-players-5379/

Besides, unfortunately 3D is dead in the home now.  No major manufacturer is selling 3D TVs for their 2017 range.

https://www.cnet.com/uk/news/shambling-corpse-of-3d-tv-finally-falls-down-dead/

4K with HDR and immersive audio (i.e. Dolby Atmos) is the current way forward.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

LG 2016 oled 4k televisions are still 3D, 2017 models aren't but they're great screens with a huge discount right now. 

Thanks for replying , that explains why i can't find a 4k 3d blu ray player then. Iv got a 55" bravia 3d tv , i wanted to upgrade my blu ray player so i can buy 4k blu ray discs , but without losing my surround sound speakers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

4K Bluray players are very new to the market and as such I do not know of any all-in-one 4K Bluray system packages.  Well at least Sony arnt doing one as of yet.  I dont know what model your existing system is, but the problem with these all-in-one systems is that when it comes to updating something like the bluray player, then the speakers become redundant and cannot be used on another system. 

This is why I favour AV Receivers - this means you can add/remove and modify different devices in your system without 'chucking' everything away and starting again'.  The initial upfront cost is generally higher, but in the long run cheaper over all.

However at the moment, I have only seen standalone 4K bluray players, of which it is highly unlikely your existing surround sound system will be compatible.

Cheers