Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S360 "invalid disc" message

SOLVED

BDP-S360 "invalid disc" message

I tried playing my brand-new, sealed copy of "Fantastic Beasts" on bluray over the weekend, and got the "invalid disc" message. I assumed it was a faulty disc, so have got a replacement from Amazon, but after some research, I feel it may be because my bluray player's firmware isn't compatible with the new movie? It's unusual, as my copy of Doctor Strange, which is only a few weeks older, played just fine the same night. My player is about 4 years old I think, has never been connected to the internet, so hasn't had it's firmware updated since at least then. I can't seem to download the latest firmware from the Sony website, it's a non-responsive page when I click on the links to create an update disc. Any help please?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

All sorted it seems - the replacement disc worked ok. I'd tried a few setting tweaks that I'd come across in research - turning off the "connect to internet" option and the "deep colour" and "24p" options too, and it played fine. Strangely, when I reverted them all back and tried it again, it still worked fine, so I think it was a dodgy disc after all.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

All sorted it seems - the replacement disc worked ok. I'd tried a few setting tweaks that I'd come across in research - turning off the "connect to internet" option and the "deep colour" and "24p" options too, and it played fine. Strangely, when I reverted them all back and tried it again, it still worked fine, so I think it was a dodgy disc after all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for taking the time to post back - it does sound like a disc error in the end :slight_smile:

Cheers