Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S7200 Freezes on Game of Thrones Blu ray Atmos

Indianabones007
Explorer

BDP-S7200 Freezes on Game of Thrones Blu ray Atmos

I purchased the steelbook version of Game of Thrones Blu Ray and the first disc of every season freezes after the Dolby Atmos demo.

I know the player won't play dolby atmos so it converts it to Tru HD 7.1 for me, not sure why it should be freezing though.

The demo is not on any of the other discs so they have no problem playing.

When it freezes I have to pull oput plug and restart.

Is there an update due for this machine or like before, now that Sony have brought out a newier one it won't be updated any more.

I had upgraded from the 350 as that had stopped playing discs and was told there was no more updates for it.

It also says it won't let me conect to internet but it is connected as I watch Netflix and amazon on it no problem. It's up to date with latest firmware at the moment.

On the Blu Ray page on Sony main site, the S7200 has been put down to bottom of list, so a bit worrying that no updates will be getting done.

If this is the case I will definately be looking for a new blu ray player with another company that is going to keep updates regular.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If I pass this onto Sony Support, they are going to initially blame the disc's - So I think its prudent to rule this out.  If possible, can you try playing the bluray discs on another bluray player - a PS3/4 or a friends/family members player? 

In regards to it not connecting to the internet - Can you try setting up the bluray player using a static IP address and then using the DNS servers of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 - see these instructions : HERE.

Cheers

Indianabones007
Explorer

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

i sent the discs back and waiting on new one,  I've a feeling it's the discs myself, but an upgrade might fix as I have seen a couple of posts with people having same issues with the oppo machine, they said a firmware fixed it, oppo are good at keeping things updated.

inwillbtry what you say if disc does same thing, my pal has a PS4.

the last blu ray player I had was the 350 and had to upgrade to the 7200!as it wouldn't play the hi res blu ray of Quadrophenia and wouldn't be updated, it played on my PS3, which I sold!

i won't be buying another Sony if thi,s is the case again, the 7200 isn't that old.

thanks for info on internet, I was scared to tackle that side of things but it's now working..many thanks

ivor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool - fingers crossed.  Please reply back and tell us how things go with the new discs etc.  :slight_smile:

Indianabones007
Explorer

Will do mate, thanks again!

Indianabones007
Explorer

I got an email in from Sony asking how I got on, don't know if this is from yourself, I can't seem to reply to it.

I'm still waiting on the new disc coming to try it!

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unsure on the email you received.  If its from "Sony Community Mailer" then this would most likely be a delayed automatic email. 

Cheers

Indianabones007
Explorer

It was from Sony but can't reply to it.

Still waiting on new discs, a week and a half now!

Indianabones007
Explorer

I've got a new disc and same thing happens, must be something down to the player now.

I have seen some posts of 2 other people having issues with these discs having same problems on their Oppo 103 blu ray players but after an update it was fine.

Hopefully their will be a new update for the 7200 soon!

Sony please do an update!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Its a shame that the replacement discs didnt prevent the freezing.  However I have escalated this thread to Sony Support in the hopes that they fix this issue or at least make them aware of it.

Cheers