Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S7200 Freezes on Game of Thrones Blu ray Atmos

Indianabones007
Explorer

BDP-S7200 Freezes on Game of Thrones Blu ray Atmos

I purchased the steelbook version of Game of Thrones Blu Ray and the first disc of every season freezes after the Dolby Atmos demo.

I know the player won't play dolby atmos so it converts it to Tru HD 7.1 for me, not sure why it should be freezing though.

The demo is not on any of the other discs so they have no problem playing.

When it freezes I have to pull oput plug and restart.

Is there an update due for this machine or like before, now that Sony have brought out a newier one it won't be updated any more.

I had upgraded from the 350 as that had stopped playing discs and was told there was no more updates for it.

It also says it won't let me conect to internet but it is connected as I watch Netflix and amazon on it no problem. It's up to date with latest firmware at the moment.

On the Blu Ray page on Sony main site, the S7200 has been put down to bottom of list, so a bit worrying that no updates will be getting done.

If this is the case I will definately be looking for a new blu ray player with another company that is going to keep updates regular.

10 REPLIES 10
Indianabones007
Explorer

Yeah I know, a bit frustrating! Thanks for sharing this to sony support, maybe they will do an update, still a reasonably new player!

Cheers