Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E4100 net settings

Harleygjc
New

BDV-E4100 net settings

I currently have a BDV-E4100 3d blu ray player, and since having it I've had no problem as such, apart from connecting to the net, the only way I've found will work is to manually set it to only use ip4 and set the dns settings to 8 8 8 8 and 8 8 4 4, and itconnects fine on wifi, now I've set i up and saved the settings but over that last few days I've noticed it's reverted back to auto settings, and as such will not connect untill I change it back again, anyone else had problems like this? or know how to make the setting stay saved as they should be.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you have manually set a 'Static' IP address, instead of DHCP, then it should not automatically change.  Just check and ensure that you are not using DHCP.

Cheers

Harleygjc
New

Sorry for the late reply, I never had notification of it, I'm letting the system set a auto ip, but I'm having to set a manaual dns, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 if I do that and also say no to ipv6 and only use ipv4 then it connects, but every so often even though  I don't go near the setiings it fails and I have to manaully input the settings again! seems weird.