Join now - be part of our community!

Bugs with Sony UHP-H1 blurayplayer

profile.country.SE.title
Drexter
Explorer

Bugs with Sony UHP-H1 blurayplayer

Im very happy with my blurayplayer, but Ive had some HDMI handshake and freeze issues.

I dont know if I connected it wrong, I connected video HDMI to my homecinema AVR for bluray and dvd and audi HDMI to another channel on my homecinema AVR for SACD...

I had freezes when on that sometimes I had to unplug it to off it properly and reboot, and freezes when connecting mye smartphone to spotify.

Is this normal or is it a product with errors? Or maybe that I connected it wrong?

Now I use the audio video separate video to tv and audio to homecinema AVR

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately you have connected it wrong - which is probably why you are getting handshake issues etc.  As you are also feeding the video via your AV Receiver, there is no need to separate video/audio.  This AV separation is designed to feed the video signal directly to the TV and the audio signal to an external audio system (i.e. AV Reciever).

Simply remove the HDMI cable from the Audio Out 2 jack on the UHP-H1.  So it should be connected like this:

UHP-H1 - Connections.jpg

Then go into the settings of the UHP-H1 and set the AV Separation to OFF in the system settings.

UHP-H1 - Settings.jpg

Cheers

profile.country.SE.title
Drexter
Explorer

I thought about it... The Audio video separately wasnt on.

But I see now that I connected it in a way that the manual didnt say. I thought I could use the Audio Hdmi for SACD and the bluray input for video bluray...

It seemed to fix itself when i put video directly to my tv and audio separately to my homecinema avr and turned HDMI separation on.

I still have some issues when connecting to spotify tho, but that may be internet issues? I dont know, fixed itself after reboot off and on.

But that is not a big concern, just happy that it works better with handshake and logitech harmony now....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Glad things are mostly sorted now.   If you have issues with connecting to the internet, it seems to resolve itself by setting the unit as a fixed/static IP address (instead of DHCP) and then using Googles DNS Servers of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 - give it a go and see?

Cheers

profile.country.SE.title
Drexter
Explorer

I Still have severe problems connecting wireless to Sony bluray Spotify with my smartphone Huawei..

The Sony often freeses when I connect to the device in spotify..

So much that I must pull out the contact.... Worried..

Everything else working perfectly, CD, SACD, BD and youtube, netflix internet...

But Spotify is only luck if working... When it works there is no problem with freezes..

profile.country.SE.title
michlar
New

Hi. I also have problems with Spotify connect when using a smartphone. The player often hangs and I have to turn off and on power by pulling the plug to make it communicate again. Sometimes it works but mostly not. When problems occur I can still see the song title and time counter is ticking but there is no sound. All other apps seems to work fine. The player is connected by Wifi and DHCP.

It would be good to get a bugfix installed solving this problem. Are you (Sony) working on a new firmware?

Apart from this I am happy with the product.

profile.country.SE.title
Drexter
Explorer

That's the exact same issue I have. Good to know that it's just not me. Then I won't send it back to service. They probably won't find the problem anyway.

I have found out tho that Spotify is easyer to connect first via smartphone itself on Spotify. So when I don't use the app on Sony it usually works.

Use the connect device option on smartphone Spotify. Usually comes up on phone when you choose a song or playlist..

profile.country.SE.title
michlar
New

That's what I usually do, start through the smartphone app, and connect to device UHP-H1. It still crashes.

I was wondering if it depends on static IP or DHCP settings in my wifi network at home. Maybe it works better if I set a static IP in Sony?

I am a bit suspicious of my computer with windows 10, is it possible that a PC on the same network can interfer with the Sony player and make it crash? A couple of times Spotify worked fine after turning off my PC.

I wish we could get some answers from Sony about this issue.

profile.country.SE.title
Drexter
Explorer

It worries me a bit that it freezes and you must disconnect the plug. I've switched to cable instead of wireless, and I use the phones app. Static IP I don't know anything about. Sony should have told us if it is an issue...

Annoying that a premium player have freeze issues..

profile.country.SE.title
Drexter
Explorer

Exactly how do I fix this? In the Sonyplayers setup?