Join now - be part of our community!

HT-RT5 Will Not Boot After Firmware Update

HT-RT5 Will Not Boot After Firmware Update

After updating to the firmware a couple of months ago (which was done automatically by the way) I have had no end of issues with the product. Bluetooth audio keeps dropping out, it won't search for wireless networks instead it just keeps searching forever and I need to remove all power from the unit, the sound stops outputting audio when pausing the TV and then resuming. These are just some of the issues we have faced. I have reset to factory defaults but still have the issue.

I then updated to another firmware that was released this week and now the system won't boot properly. I get "------" on the display and nothing appears on the TV. I have been advised to take it to a sony repair centre but the closest is 20 miles away and they are closed on weekends.

Sony customer support has been terrible!

My warranty has expired so I don't know where I stand, but surely Sony should fix it due to their borked firmware update. Is there a way I can try another firmware update without being able to access the menu on the TV?
1 REPLY 1
Wedgybo
New

Did you get anywhere with a fix?

I've also had the same troubles as you. The bar has been nothing but a massive disappointment for the money! No part of it has ever worked correctly at one time and it's now not booting simialr to yours after trying to update the fireware. Wish I've never touched it after it broke on the last update too. Really can't be bothered with taking it for a repair everytime I want to update the thing.

Similar issue, wifi wouldn't connect, therefore no spotify/speaker connect (the main reason for going for this bar) for the last 4 months. Wish I'd gone with Sonos 😕