Join now - be part of our community!

DIAG Message on HBD-E370

danm2010
New

DIAG Message on HBD-E370

Hi,

My BD-E370 has started to show DIAG on the display when powered on, the unit is not usable and I cannot access the menu.  I have restarted the unit several times including removing the power altogether overnight and no change, it turns on... says Welcome...then displays DIAG and the video out just shows a blue screen but not menu.

I have found others listing this issue but no fix, I'm a little concerned its dead which is a shame as it was working brilliantly several days ago.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I dont suppose you have been into the service menu by any chance? 

Can you try this 'cold reset' procedure and see if it has any effect:

Cold Reset2.jpg

Cheers

danm2010
New

Hi

Thanks for replying. Wouldnt know how to get in the service menu so not been there.

Managed to get the unit to cold reset on one occasion but went straight to DIAG again on the display. Unit wont power off via the on off button so have to unplug it. Think its knackered, annoying as was working perfectly the other day and its a brilliant little system.

Thanks

danm2010
New

Hi

Thanks for replying. Wouldnt know how to get in the service menu so not been there.

Managed to get the unit to cold reset on one occasion but went straight to DIAG again on the display. Unit wont power off via the on off button so have to unplug it. Think its knackered, annoying as was working perfectly the other day and its a brilliant little system.

Thanks

Tags (1)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I would normally advise you to get it repaired via an authorised Sony repair centre, however due to the age of this model (released 2010), it would most likely be un-economic to do so and thats assuming parts are available.

You could try if you like, see:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

For Sony's current range of all-in-one systems, see:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/home-cinema/t/all-in-one-home-cinema-systems

Cheers