Join now - be part of our community!

DVD Player DVPSR750H

DVD Player DVPSR750H

Hi, I've read the unfortunate experiences of other Sony customers relating to the support they've received from Sony Customer Support so I won't add my criticism here except to state that, having experienced their 'customer service', I can only agree and sympathise.

My query is related to how to play a video from a memory stick on my DVPSR75H.

I've used Handbrake, MP4 to AVI, Any Video Converter the official Divx converter and XMedia Recode - following suggestions on other web pages -  in order to convert my MKV files to a format that my dvd player will recognise. All unsuccessfully.

I've asked Sony for the exact specifications for the video files that the dvd player will play but, to be honest, they have no idea what I'm talking about. Frame rate ? What's that ? Etc

They don't realise that the formats they give on P11 of the manual are only video 'containers' i.e., within an MP4, AVI formatted file, there may well be other formats e.g., an AVI file may contain the video portion as an MP4 and the audio content as MP3.

So, can anyone tell me exactly either what the internal specs of playable files for this player are or, if anyone knows of a video converter that's guaranteed to convert files that will be playable, that'd be teriffic !

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It is true that whilst the manual is only listing video containers, its normally a given that .mp4 is x.264 as the codec.  However it also states in the manual that the resolution cannot exceed 720x576 and 2GB is size.  It also does not state maximum bitrate, but try lowering it and see.

Try that and see how it goes

Cheers

Thanks very much for this response.

Yes, I've tried all of that.

The messages I'm getting, (for all formats), is either 'Device not recognised', or, 'The file is corrupt'.

This is after the file's gone through the video converters that haven't found a problem with it.

Also, it's interesting that the converted file will play on other devices I have e.g., Windows Media Player, Plex, Roku and an old Panasonic Blu-Ray player, (through it's USB input socket).

I'm puzzled ....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am puzzled too, to be honest.  I have esclated this thread to Sony Support for advice - which I understand that you have already been down this road with no success - but lets try again I think.

Cheers