Join now - be part of our community!

HELP! Issue with warranty on my Soundbar.

profile.country.GR.title
Lazaros_K

HELP! Issue with warranty on my Soundbar.

So. I bought a Soundbar from Sony, the HT-CT 80 (not directly from Sony but an electronics store) one month ago. After one and a half weeks of use it had and issue with the sound and i went to the store, where they sent it back to Sony and told us to wait for Sony to accept the soundbar ( I have a 1 year warrantee). They called me today and said that Sony approved the warranty, but here is the problem:

When i bought it, it was on sale and costed 99 Euros, today it costs 150 euros and instead of giving me the same soundbar but a new one, they want me to pay extra 50 euros in order to get a new HT-CT80. Can i get the new one without having to pay the extra? Who is responsible? Sony or the store where i bought the soundbar? BTW, i am in Greece if that helps. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately it is the retailer you must confront about this.  I agree with you, it is certainly NOT right for the retailer to do this.  Unfortunately I do not know Greek consumer laws in regards to this matter.  In my opinion on what should have happened is that the store accepts the faulty return and replaces it like for like - after all you have already paid and accepted the contract (contract = money you paid).

Speak to the store again.

Cheers