Join now - be part of our community!

HT-XT3 no internet connection

stoort
Explorer

HT-XT3 no internet connection

I have just purchased a ht-xt3 which seems to work ok but when I connect it to my hub it connects fine to the wifi but doesn't connect to the internet. I have several devices connected to my hub with no internet issues. Does anyone have any suggestions

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im not sure on what you mean by hub - are you referring to your router? 

As a suggestion, try using a 'custom' network setup and use a fixed IP address instead.  Also try setting the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

See page 15 and 16 of the manual : HERE

Cheers

stoort
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. Yes it was my router and I'm still having the same problem but I'm not at all techie still no internet 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you tried the suggestion above - setting a static ip (using the instructions in the manual)?

If that still fails, can you try using a network cable directly connected to your router (and change network settings to 'wired' instead) - even as a test?

Cheers

KDL40RD453BU
Explorer

I've got the same with a KDL40RD453BU and a wired connection. See another thread.

I'm having the same problem with my HT-XT3.  I am connceting it to home WIFI.  It comes back with "Wireless Connection:  OK", but "Internet Access:  Failed".  All other devices in the house connec to internet via the WIFI just fine.  TV is only 5 or 6 meters from the WIFI router.  I tried the manual IP address approach - same result.

Any thoughts?