Join now - be part of our community!

HT-CT780 wireless speakers

profile.country.GB.title
awol81
New

HT-CT780 wireless speakers

Hi,

Can you add on either the Sony or any wireless speakers to the HT-CT780 soundbar? I know you can with the the 790, but would have thought you could with my model also?

If not, is it possible to add wired speakers to the set-up. I currently use this setup into my projector, with the HDMI cables going into Sky box/Android box/Blu Ray.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Please see this link below, only these devices/speakers are compatible with wireless surround sound:

https://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/133871/

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
awol81
New

I just wonder if they havent included all devices, as when I spoke with the sound guy in one of the stores, he said they should be compatible?

If not do you know if you could work wired additional speakers into my setup?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sony would have updated that page if it included other devices/speakers.  I am unsure on what other wireless speakers this guy in the shop was referring to - however my advise is to stick to what Sony says is compatible.

In regards to having wired speakers connected to the HT-CT790 - this also cannot be done, simply because there is no speaker output terminals on this soundbar.

The soundbar is sold as a 2.1 system with the option for 2 additonal wireless surround speakers (specific models only).

Cheers