Join now - be part of our community!

HT-XT3 switch back to USB!?

SOLVED
DerFrancois
Explorer

HT-XT3 switch back to USB!?

I just bought the HT-XT3 for Christmas and I have the same problem as listed above. I hope someone has the answer to the problem. 

System:

• Firmware updated
  • Software updated

Connection

• HDMI1 : AppleTV
  • HDMI2 : Computer
  • HDMI3 : XBox
  • HDMI Out : Sony Bravia

Problem: Once in a while, I will lose the connection of the HDMI input and the Menu of the HT-XT3 is presented and the connection is set to USB. I have to switch manually to HDMI1, but seconds later it comes back to USB. I repeat the HDMI1 selection again and again, I don't know what are the exact steps, but after a while I get the connection back to HDMI1. 

In the setting, I forced to skip the USB input, no luck.

This is very frustrating and very hard to explain how to use this system to the family, as it breaks easily.

Anyone has an idea?

----------------------------------------------------

UPDATED: 2017-01-03

I found a way to fix the issue. It is not 100% perfect, but better than nothing. The problem is the TV was also controlling the SoundBar. The TV is a Sony KBL-32BX300 and I realized that turning off the TV, the SB was also turning off and when setting the SB to HDMI1 while the TV was off, it was never going back to the SB menu. Therefore, in the TV setup menu, under HDMI setup, I turned HDMI control to off and since then, it is not switching back to the SB menu connected to USB. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DerFrancois
Explorer

Don't let the TV control the soundbar.

Under: TV setup menu > under HDMI setup : turned HDMI control to off.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Do you know if it is a certain device that is loosing HDMI connection?  As the firmware of the HT-XT3 is upto date, I would try a factory reset of this soundbar.  Factory resetting can clear up many issues.

If it still occurs after a factory reset, disconnect all devices on it, just leaving the TV connected in the HDMI OUT.  If it works, then add each device to the HT-XT3 individually and testing after adding each one.  You might find that you come to a problem device - if so, try replacing the HDMI cable.

Cheers

DerFrancois
Explorer

Thanks for the idea, but the problem stays.

Nevertheless, I found what brings the HT-XT3 to this unusable state. 

• TV is off
  • Soundbar is on
  • Streaming music through Apple TV for at least 5 minutes to start the screen saver.
  • Turn on TV

Now what happens is the soundbar will go to mute, the screen of Apple TV will show up for 1 seconds then the HT-XT3 menu for the connection will show up, connected to USB. Now, at this point, it is almost impossible to get the connection to HDMI1. Selecting it, will display for 1 second the screen, then back to the menu. It does not matter if the screen saver is on or off after that.

It seems that if the soundbar is off before turning on the TV, it works. But this is clearly a bug on the HT-XT3 side. Nothing is connected to the USB port, and the image that flash for one second is updating. 

DerFrancois
Explorer

Don't let the TV control the soundbar.

Under: TV setup menu > under HDMI setup : turned HDMI control to off.