Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43X8309C Bravia 4K TV and HT-CT390

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Wyxzol
Explorer

KD-43X8309C Bravia 4K TV and HT-CT390

The TV and Sound bar have been working fine since I bought them in September last year. Suddenly last week the sound bar has stopped working, I have check all the usual power is on HDMI cable connect to HDMI port 4 (ARC) on the TV.  Tried a second HDMI cable and checked the settings on the TV and sound bar. I am begining to think that the sound bar has gone faulty....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you tried factory resetting both devices (TV and soundbar) then re-setting them back up again?  If not, give that a go.  Some other advice can be found HERE.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you tried factory resetting both devices (TV and soundbar) then re-setting them back up again?  If not, give that a go.  Some other advice can be found HERE.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Wyxzol
Explorer

Thanks for reply but I took the sound bar back to the retailer as it was with in the MW, they had a sony rep check it out on one of their in store TV's the sound bar would work on the optical cable but not the HDMI cable, the CT390 is nolonger compatable with the bravia range of TV's it has been removed to make way for newer models so the store offered me a full refund which I took. Now I am finding that my PS4 wont show as being enabled on the Bravia Sync option to allow the PS4 to turn on the TV not sure what is happening......  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sounds like you HT-CT390 developed a hardware fault.  If there was a specific problem with the model, more people would have posted to these forums by now I think - So it will be compatible.  Although all companies refresh their model ranges with new products - so it probably is now unavailable to purchase.

In regards to the Bravia Sync and PS4, I can confirm that it works for me (my photography skills are not the best!).  See:

Bravia Sync - Device Selection.JPG

Anyhow, did you do that factory reset that I suggested above?

Cheers