Join now - be part of our community!

Nvidia Shield TV remote mutes sound on STR-DN1050 receiver

profile.country.GB.title
NickC4555
Explorer

Nvidia Shield TV remote mutes sound on STR-DN1050 receiver

I have recently added an Nvidia Shield TV Android streamer to my Sony STR-DN1050 receiver / 55XD700 TV setup. All works perfectly controlling everything with the Nvidia Shield TV remote using HDMI CEC, except for double tap on the volume slider, which is supposed to pause play. It does pause, but it also mutes the audio on the STR-DN1050, although the device doesn't show as muted, and unmuting with any remote doesn't restore sound. The only way to get audio back is to turn the STR-DN1050 off and back on again.

I'd be happy to just not use this function, but it is easy to select it accidentally when picking up the remote. I could revert to using the TV remote, but as an IR device it is slower than the Nvidia one, so it would be great to get a resolution.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

I'm afraid, but I think we can't help in this matter since it seems to be related to NVIDIA remote commander.

So probably please ask their community for support.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
NickC4555
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. I asked here as well because although it is related to the Nvidia remote, there must be a command that kills the audio on the STR-DN1050 and it might have proved useful to know what that is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

I guess you could always disable the HDMI-CEC funtion on the Nvidia Shield?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
NickC4555
Explorer

But then I would be back to using multiple remotes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NickC4555 wrote:

But then I would be back to using multiple remotes.

Correct - but the muting would stop :innocent: