Join now - be part of our community!

Projector Wireless Connection Problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
trevster
Visitor

Projector Wireless Connection Problem

I'm installing a Sony VPL-EX275 projector, with a USB wireless module. When I install the network presentation software onto my laptop (windows vista), everything works fine. When I install the software onto my clients laptop (windows xp version 2002 Service Pack 3), when I launch the software and the 'Network Presentation Connection Setting' window appears, the wireless LAN adapter list box is greyed out. I can't then search for the wireless LAN I need to connect to.

Any ideas why the 'Wireless LAN Adapter' list box is greyed out. The laptop has a wireless card, and connects the the client wireless router no problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soo, thinking aloud here.

All works fine on Your laptop (Vista), meaning projectory and Wireless adaptor works. Is that on Your Network or on your Clients Network?

Fails to work on Client Laptop (Win XP SP3). I checked the specs, XP SP3 is supported. Clients laptop connected to clients router. But still means that USB wireless adaptor is not recognised. This therefore indicates to me a network configuration issue. See below

1 - On USB wireless adaptor, are the IP address and Subnet Mask/DNS setup for the clients network? Can you 'ping' the IP address of the Wireless adaptor from your clients laptop?

2 - On clients router, Is everything locked down as in firewalled or does ports/addresses need opening up.

Umm, thats all I can think of for the time being, (need coffee!)

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
trevster
Visitor

Thanks for your thoughts Quinnecus. In answer to your question: -

Is that on your network or on your clients network? - well, it's not really on either. When you launch the Network presentation software and the 'network presentation connection setting' screen appears, on my laptop it lists all the wireless networks it can find (one of those listed is the USB wireless module's network). That's the network I pick on my laptop, and then it all works. On the XP laptop, you get no wireless networks listed at all. I'm presuming this is because the 'Wireless LAN Adapter' list box is empty and greyed out (disabled).

In answer to point 1 - the IP address and subnet mask of the usb wireless adaptor is not set up for the clients network. Would this make a difference though, if I'm not getting any wireless networks listed in the 'Network presentation connection setting' screen? It's not that the software can see other wireless networks, but not the USB adaptor's, it's not seeing any.

Point 2 - clients router - I've not looked at it's settings yet, but why would the router settings affect me connecting to the USB adaptor's wireless network, which has nothing to do with the router's wireless network?

Thanks so much for your thoughts on this, I'll get their eventually I'm sure!

Trev.

profile.country.GB.title
oliseneza
New

Hello Trevster,

I have connected my projector Sony VPL-EX295 with IFU WLM3 adapter to my computer with windows 7 and my network presentation system is connected the wifi adapter is connected but now the issues are: 

1. How will I send the data to the projector, when I use fn+f4 nothing happen to the projector.

2. How will I use the laptop with windows 8 or 10? which software will I use or how to do it?