Join now - be part of our community!

RDRHXD970 Recoder will not keep channels Aug 2017

profile.country.GB.title
Safficat
Explorer

RDRHXD970 Recoder will not keep channels Aug 2017

Following a recent 'new channel added notification my DVD/HDD now fails to keep its channels. I have tried all the factory re-set, channel search without aerial and then with etc.  But to no avail.

i have read the Sony community thread regarding the 870 model where others are having the same problem and I have emailed Sony direct. I'm not very techie and I've seen the replies about the firmware and update to 1.70. My recorder currently shows version 1.65. I've seen the instructions about getting a cd-R and downloading an upgrade from PC etc. But I can't get my head around this. Im Really cross with Sony. I see this as a way to get us to buy new kit.

can anyone help me please to get this thing to work without having to do this 1.70 upgrade?

many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It does sound like you need to update your RDR Recorder.  As according to:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/home-video-dvd-players-recorders/rdr-hxd970/downloads/Z00...

About this update :

RDR-HXD770 / 870 / 970 / 1070 as sold in all countries have a problem that Digital channel disappear. In order to resolve this issue, we have provided a firmware update to version 1.70.

Have you tried following the instructions provided?  But most important, do you have the facilities to burn the update to a CD-R or CD-RW?

If not, I can pass this onto Sony - I believe that they can send you a CD with the update on it.  Please let me know.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Safficat
Explorer

Hello,

Thank you so much, it seems if I want to keep this recorder then an upgrade is needed.
No I don't have the kit to burn a CD, or the techie know how, but your offer to get Sony to send me one would be fantastic. Thank you.

Sent from Ruth's iPad
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have forwarded this thread onto Sony Support for them to help you (i.e. send you a CD with the firmware already burnt onto it) - please ensure you have correct contact details in your account profile.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Safficat
Explorer

Thank you so much for doing this for me.

I have just updated my profile with my address so the cd can be sent.

im grateful for your assistance. I will post again when I have the CD and - hopefully- a successful upgrade.

kind regards

profile.country.GB.title
Safficat
Explorer

Hello Quinnicus, thank you for your help with this issue. Im sorry it's taken a while to get back but I've been working on sorting my recorder and then keeping a watching brief on it. Firstly, Sony would not send me a CD to do the upgrade. Thank you for trying. I asked a friend who made the CD for me. We tried it in the recorder and it would not run. The CD drawer closed, it read the CD and then just shut down. We tried it twice. however, having tried to do the upgrade - and the recorder STILL on version 1.65. We found that having run the set up session again, the channels restored and stayed. BUT, then the recorder would not 'go to sleep' it stayed on all the time. After 48 hours I switched it off, left it a while, unplugged it and did factory re-set, then switched on again. I had to auto reset all the channels again. However, since then - to date, it has kept channels and recorded ok, even tho it is still on version 1.65.  I don't have faith that this will last. I think when there is another freeview change I will have the same problem. If I do, I'll try making a new CD firmware disc for 1.70 and run it again.