Join now - be part of our community!

Removing muliple recorded programmes from a sony dvd recorder

SOLVED
brgardi81
New

Removing muliple recorded programmes from a sony dvd recorder

I have got an RDR DC205 dvd recorder nad the original remote contol is broken.

I tried to replace ir but sony do not make them anymore,

Does anyone know where I can might be able to get one from or, failing that, help with a remote that I got sent that I was told would work with my recorder.

I sent off for an original sony remote control and got sent an RMT-D250P remote control that I was told was compatable with my recorder, however, using this new remote I cannot remove multiple programmes from my recorder at the same time, which I used to be able to do. It will only let you delete them individually, which with 40-50 programmes takes a long time.

Can anyone help me with my problem, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @brgardi81

I believe the original remote control model was RMT-D258P.  Even thought its no longer supplied, a quick search on Ebay, and I managed to find one.  See HERE.

The old remote control you had (RMT-D258P) had a button called "Marker" on it, where as the replacement remote (RMT-D250P) does not.  Hence you cannot 'mark' multiple programmes and delete in bulk. 

If you absolutely want this, see link above or search Ebay/Google for more options.

Cheers

PS: I have moved your post to the right area.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @brgardi81

I believe the original remote control model was RMT-D258P.  Even thought its no longer supplied, a quick search on Ebay, and I managed to find one.  See HERE.

The old remote control you had (RMT-D258P) had a button called "Marker" on it, where as the replacement remote (RMT-D250P) does not.  Hence you cannot 'mark' multiple programmes and delete in bulk. 

If you absolutely want this, see link above or search Ebay/Google for more options.

Cheers

PS: I have moved your post to the right area.