Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDV-E2100 subtitles problem

Aborted
New

Sony BDV-E2100 subtitles problem

Hi!

I recently bought Sony BDV-E2100 and I have a probem with subtitles sync. When i watch the app netflix or watch a movie in USB the subtitles gets unsynced after like 5 minutes. They are correct at first but after 5 minutes unsynced. Cant understand why? When i watch the same movies on the computer och tv (without the suround system) it´s synced.

Anyone knows why?

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The only thing that you can adjust in regards to sync is a setting called "A/V Sync".  Unfortunately this is not going to help you as this adjusts the audio in relation to the video - nothing about subtitles.  So the only thing left is a factory reset to be honest - which is worth a try.

Goto Settings > Resetting > Reset to Factory Default Settings

Once done, set up the system again and test. 

Cheers

Aborted
New

Hi!

Thank you for the answer. Unfortunatly it didnt work. I watched the same movie as before on Netflix and on the USB and the movies subtitles are still unsynced. 

What could it else be?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im going to suggest you do a 'live chat' with Netflix - leave the USB part of it out, but see what they say or suggest.  It is quite possible that its a coincidence that both Netflix and USB have issues with subtitle syncronisations and the issue may or may not be related to each other.

But give Netflix live chat a go and see ?

In regards to the subtitles via USB - are you using a .srt file or is the subtitles encoded in the file itself - .mkv files??

Cheers

ElsDesimp
New

Hey,

I have the same problem. did you get an solution ?

Greetz

Els