Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HT XT3 so far..

profile.country.GB.title
hardtoplease
Explorer

Sony HT XT3 so far..

I purchased the XT3 four weeks ago. Downloaded latest firmware.TV & S/Base sit on wooden table.
Overall impressed with the sound but felt that midrange was lacking. Either too much bass or top end. Movie mode proved pretty good for watching films.
Set up... connected XT3 to Sony smart TV via ARC sockets.
Freeview (coax)and Freesat(HDMI) connected in to the TV.
Sony BluRay player connected via HDMIcable into (HDMI-1 in) of XT3 soundbase.
After use for a few hours lip sync issues became apparent. The controller supposed to rectify this issue merely made the disparity worse, pretty much useless ?. Tended to drift in and out of sync. I became aware that there are many complaints posted highlighting the 'lag'.
Emails to Sony achieved nothing to improve the situation. They should have sorted this problem out entirely by now.

The purchase of short length, genuine Hi-speed cables (with ethernet if desired) and dumping my older cables reduced the frequency of sync issues to either zero or very occasionally.
As for bass boom, this bothered me, Id turn up the bass to balance the high end which of course would then create 'boom'. I have improvised and come up with a simple device to lessen the boom but still enjoy deep resonance from the unit. I appreciate that other factors such as the room and TV position also have an influence on bass 'boom'.

I still think that the midrange EQ could do with a little more 'heft' especially when listening to music,  for now Im pleased with this unit.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences and thoughts on the XT3.

Another trick in regards to reducing HDMI issues is to separate the HDMI cables away from the power and TV aerial cables as far as possible - this reduced the likelyhood of EM interferrence.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
hardtoplease
Explorer

Thanks for the tip, I'll certainly check to see if I can improve that situation.