Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HT-XT3 soundbase and wireless surround

SOLVED
essdsm
New

Sony HT-XT3 soundbase and wireless surround

I am contemplating a Sony HT-XT3 soundbase plus a pair of Sony SRS-ZR5 wireless speakers. A concern, however, is that the HT-XT3 isn't listed on the compatability list for wireless surround configuration in SongPal whereas the older HT-XT2 is. Is this just missing information and has anyone been able to configure wireless surround using the HT-XT3? I don't want to make expensive purchases only to find myself with a setup that doesn't do what I want. 

Many thanks  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jonnybee2016
New

According to the compatibility list here, it seems that Sony HT-XT3 is not compatible with Wireless Surround, nor with Wireless Stereo.

Let us hope that we can expect un updated firmware to change this (also, the XT2 is compatible only with Wireless Surround and this only via a recent software/firmware update, as reported on the compatibility list).

View solution in original post

essdsm
New

Many thanks for the link to this very useful compatibility list. I've postponed purchasing the HT-XT3 as a result. Such a limitation was surprising although Sony maybe didn't want to undermine its other home cinema audio products. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jonnybee2016
New

According to the compatibility list here, it seems that Sony HT-XT3 is not compatible with Wireless Surround, nor with Wireless Stereo.

Let us hope that we can expect un updated firmware to change this (also, the XT2 is compatible only with Wireless Surround and this only via a recent software/firmware update, as reported on the compatibility list).

essdsm
New

Many thanks for the link to this very useful compatibility list. I've postponed purchasing the HT-XT3 as a result. Such a limitation was surprising although Sony maybe didn't want to undermine its other home cinema audio products. 

profile.country.GB.title
teddx_uk
Explorer

Its a shame to find useful info like this after I've made the purchase, which I am now regretting. 

On paper the HT-XT3 seems a reasonably better specced unit than the HT-XT2, and my new 4K TV 'ecouranged' me to go for the XT3 since the XT2 didn't show in it's compatibilty list for on-screen sound control. All the marketing hype on the website about Songpal and wireless streaming did not help clarify things.

I should have gone for the Bose..next time and out of principle.