Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1050

twc190750
Explorer

STR-DN1050

My STR-DN 1050 will not power off apart from switching off at the mains - any answers

Tom

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unsure what TV you have, but if your TV supports HDMI-CEC features (which it should), then ensure that 'Control for HDMI' is set to ON, on the STR-DN1050 and then look in your TVs settings to find something like Auto Devices OFF.  The STR-DN1050 should then power down when the tv is switched off.

Cheers

twc190750
Explorer

Hi Q

My tv is a Sony Bravia KDL50W

have tried your suggestions but still have the problem

regards

Tom

twc190750
Explorer

Hi Q

I'm also using BT Vision You View box and a Sony BDV player

regards

Tom

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @twc190750

Can you please confirm the model number of your TV "KDL50W" doesnt tell me much im afraid other than a 50" Bravia. 

Also have you connected the STR-DN1050 to the TV via a HDMI cable or optical?

Cheers

twc190750
Explorer

Hi Q

Thanks for your interest.

TV is KDL50E815B

Connections are -:

HDMI 1050(output A) to HMDI  to BT YouView

Scart BT You view to TV

HMDI 1050 (out A) to TV HMDI in

Optical 1050 to O[tical You view

I hope this all makes sence

regards

Tom

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Reading your description on how you have connected things - you have far too many cables connected, which I am going to assume that this is causing the devices confusion and hence the STR-DN1050 is not shutting down properly.  So instead of saying what to remove, I am going to describe how it should be connected. 

Step 1

Turn everything off

Step 2

Remove all cables (i.e. HDMI, optical, SCART, etc etc.

Step 3

Connect the STR-DN1050 to the TV using a HDMI cable.  On the TV, you need to plug the HDMI cable into the HDMI 2 - ARC port.  On the STR-DN1050, you need to connect using the HDMI-Out (ARC) port. 

STR-DN1050.jpg

Step 4

Connect the BT YouView box to the TV using a HDMI cable.  Use either HDMI 3 or HDMI 4 on the TV.

Step 5

Turn the TV on - ensure that the AV Receiver is also switched on.

Settings:

Step 6

Ensure "Bravia Sync" is enabled on the TV, see HERE for instructions.

Step 7

Ensure that Auto Devices OFF is set to ON in the TV settings : Press the HOME button, then select [Settings] → [External Inputs] → [BRAVIA Sync Settings] → [Auto Devices Off] → [ON].

Step 8

Ensure that Auto TV ON is set to ON in the TV Settings : Press the HOME button, then select [Settings] → [External Inputs] → [BRAVIA Sync Settings] → [Auto TV On] → [ON].

Step 9

Set the TV Speakers to "Audio System" in the TV Settings:  Press the HOME button, then select [Settings]. Select [Sound] → [Speakers] → [Audio System].

Step 10:

Ensure that "Control for HDMI" is ON in the settings of the STR-DN1050 (it should be enabled by default however).

That should be it.  Basically, you should have 2 HDMI cables connected to the TV - one going to the BT YouView box, and the other going to the STR-DN1050.  Audio should then be send from the BT YouView box, through the TV and outputting via the ARC port into the STR-DN1050.

Hopefully this helps and ultimately makes sense.

Note: you could connect the BT YouView box, directly to the STR-DN1050 to one of the HDMI IN ports instead of having it directly connected to the TV however.  If you have a bluray/DVD player, it is advised to connect it to the STR-DN1050 and not the TV, as you would get better sound that way.

Cheers