Join now - be part of our community!

SONY STR-DN1070

houben12
New

SONY STR-DN1070

I have just bought a new Receiver the DN1070 and am pretty impressed by the sound.

It has all kind of nice features, however I am missing a direct link to an internet radio option.

Of course you can use tyour tunein app on your iphone and googlecast ist to the receiver, but that's just 2 steps more than selecting it directly on the receiver and getting your favorite stations tagged. Pioneer, Onkyo and Denon and Marantz offer that direct internet radio option.

I would like to know if there will be any firmware update that supports this option....

The playback of all kind of audio formats was really the reason why I bought the receiver. It plays very good Stereo FLAC and even multi channel flac in 24/96 via ethernet cable from my NAS (Synology) but unfortunately it only plays stereo DSD from NAS and NOT multi channel from NAS. As I copied the DSD multi channel files to USB-stick and I used the USB input channel, it played the MCH DSD very well. So the DAC is capable doing it but not from NAS.....

Does anybody have this working? Or should I again hope for a firmware update?

thx

JH 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to built-in music services, according to HERE, it says "Available services may vary depending on your location." - I guess there are no music services for UK as Sony have stopped selling this model for some reason quite a while ago.

In regards to multi-channel DSD via DLNA, the only thing I can really find at this stage is:

"No sound is output from the surround speakers if you set the speaker pattern to a setting that does not have surround  speakers and playback a DSD multi-channel source."

But considering you have mentioned that it works via USB, I would assume therefore its not supported via DLNA - unless Sony has added this via a firmware update.

As of the 14th December, there is a new firmware update:

https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/sony-strdn1070-firmware-update-vM35R2082...

Cheers