Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar HT-XT1 stopped working with TV KDL-43W805C after android update to 6.0.1

profile.country.GB.title
Alfa.Hotel
Explorer

Soundbar HT-XT1 stopped working with TV KDL-43W805C after android update to 6.0.1

Hi All,

Like in the topic, my soundbard HT-XT1 stopped working with TV KDL-43W805C after android update to 6.0.1.

Symptoms: control is ok, powering up with the TV, volume control seems to work in sync basing on the numbers displayed on the TV and soundbars led panel. Sound is not working. There is no sound at all.

What i have tried based on simmilar topics on the forum:

- Unplugging all the cables and plugging them again.

- Unplugging power source.

- I have removed the optical cable as well, even it did not interfere before.

- Resetting both soundbar and TV. Android version after reset remained the same, i.e new, i.e. 6.0.1.

- Removed all other devices to avoid CEC-control issues.

Still no effect ;/
It is quite frustrating as it worked ok before ;/

Do you have some more hints?
What cna i do with it? The soundbar is not usable at all now.

Thanks in advance.
Regards

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Apologies that your question/thread has been missed.  Do you still require help or have you managed to get things working again?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Alfa.Hotel
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Unfortunatelly problem still exists and i failed to find a solution.

If you have any hints, dont hesitate :wink:
Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

How have you wired this up to your TV?  You have mentioned optical as well.  If you have both optical and HDMI cables connected to it from the TV - then remove the optical cable.

Before removing the optical cable, switch everything off from the powerpoint on the wall.  You should only have the HDMI cable connected from the HT-XT1 to the TVs HDMI-ARC port.

Ensure that you set the speakers on the TV to "Audio system".

See how that goes.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Alfa.Hotel
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Even i did it before, i performed this once more just in case.

-Optical cable is removed since weeks now

-i unplugged other devices, HDMI is in ARC in TV, and HDMI input #1 in soundbar

-soundbar settings (as suggested in manual): HDMI: control: on, pass through: auto, arc: on

-tv settings: sound: audio system, priority audio system: on

What i see is that:

-control still works; soundbar powers on and off with tv. sound control works, as the using TV remote causes bot soundbar's led panel, and TV's bottom displayed bar, to increase and decrease in volume.
- in the tv menu, there is a sound when switching options, probably going from tv's speakers

- still no sound from soundbar when watching anything or displaying any content

Any other ideas?
Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Alfa.Hotel

I have had a re-read of this thread and your description of the problem.  I personally think you have done all the troubleshooting that you can do and now of the opinion that your problem with the HT-XT1 is a hardware issue.

Is this soundbar still under warranty?  If so, you may want to contact the retailer you purchased it from to arrange a warranty repair/replacement.

Alternatively I can escalate this thread directly to Sony Support for them to contact you back.

Let me know if you want me to do that

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Alfa.Hotel
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the soundbar is still under warranty. I bought in 4th quarter last year.

I am really surprised about all of this behaviour, because it really worked and stopped just after update to new android.

If you can escalate to Sony Support, please do.

Thanks a lot!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have escalated this to Sony Support - they should be in contact with you in the next couple of days.

Cheers