Join now - be part of our community!

Wifi on new 4K player

profile.country.GB.title
Eugenebratton
New

Wifi on new 4K player

Hi all this is my first post on here and I need some help. 

Ive noticed when streaming Netflix on my ubp-x800 player that the streaming quality is very poor compared to my Samsung tv that's connected to the same network in the same room. On the 4K player I only get 0.8mbps and on my tv it's 4mbps and full 1080. Both are connected wireless. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Kind regrds 

Eugene 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

From your description, this sounds more like a slow internet connection.

1. On a PC, goto - http://www.speedtest.net  and see how fast your internet connection is.
  2. If you do indeed have a slower internet connection, it is wise not to use the internet on any other device if you are using the streaming apps on other devices (i.e. UBP-X800).
  3. In regards to wifi issues, sometimes just changing the wifi channel in your router settings can make a big improvement.  Too many people in your area on the same wifi channel can cause slowness in the wifi.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Eugenebratton
New

Hello thank you for you reply. I don't have any issues with any of my other devices and my tv streams fine but the Sony player will struggle to play and keeps coming up with an error message asking to try again later. IMG_5900.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ok, I think the next step is to actually confirm if it is indeed a wifi issue or another issue at hand.  Can you plug an ethernet (LAN) cable into the player and see if that works.  If it does, then that certainly confirms wifi.  If you still are having problems even with the ethernet cable plugged in, then that indicates another problem altogether.

Cheers